(ISO Standard 18436 - 8:2013(E), written in accordance to ASNT Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A.)
2016 Training Schedule
- October 2017 - Salt Lake City, UT
- October 2017 - San Juan, Puerto Rico
- November 2017 - Louisville, KY
- November 2017 - Philadelphia, PA
- November 2017 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- December 2017 - Chicago, IL
*Locations & dates are subject to change.
Ultrasound Certified Training Level 1
CTRL Systems Inc. level 1 certification uses parts of ISO 29821 and ISO 18436 to outline methods and requirements for carrying out condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines using scan mode and contact mode ultrasound to provide measurement, data interpretation, and assessment criteria. These techniques are typically carried out on operating machinery under a range of conditions and environments. CTRL's ultrasound detector is a passive technology that detects acoustic anomalies produced by machines.
The skills and expertise of the practitioner performing the measurements and analyzing the data are critical to the effective application of ultrasound. A practitioner of ultrasound, with knowledge based and practical training should be able to develop proper techniques to incorporate methods and procedures that lead to reliable and repeatable ultrasound inspection results.
Level 1 Classification
CTRL Systems Inc. level 1 certification provides recognition of the qualifications and competence of individuals to perform ultrasound measurements and analysis for machinery condition monitoring using CTRL's Systems Inc. ultrasound equipment. It is possible that this procedure is not applicable to specialized equipment or other specific situations. Individuals classified as CTRL Systems Inc. level 1 are qualified to perform ultrasound measurements according to established and recognized procedures. Personnel classified as level 1 will be able to:
- Apply a specified ultrasound measurement technique, scan mode or contact mode.
- Set up and operate the ultrasound equipment for safe ultrasound data collection.
- Verify the integrity of collected data and prevent or control poor data and error sources.
- Perform basic fault detection, severity assessment, and diagnosis.
- Maintain a database of results and trends.
- Evaluate and report test results.
- Recognize and prevent or control factors that result in the acquisition of poor quality data.
To earn the CTRL Systems Inc. level 1 certification the candidate must successfully complete three days of formal instruction, followed by an exam administered by CTRL Systems Inc. The candidate must also complete, within six months of exam, at least one of five projects at his facility.
Upon completion of project(s) the candidate will submit a certification application to CTRL Systems Inc. If all five projects are completed the candidate will be issued a certificate for level 1 ultrasound condition monitoring and diagnostics universal good for five years from date of issue. If less than five projects are completed the candidate will be issued a certificate for level 1 ultrasound condition monitoring and diagnostics good for five years from date of issue in the areas completed.