Predictive maintenance is a systematic approach utilizing multiple techniques by reliability engineers and technicians that is designed to help determine when lubrication, repairs, or equipment replacement should be performed based upon the condition of the asset. Repairs are only performed when warranted, which offers significant costs and time savings over preventive (time based) and reactive (run-to-failure) maintenance practices.
5 Reasons to Start With Ultrasound as a Predictive Maintenance Tool
- Emergency Situation – UL101 indicates and locates problems faster than traditional methods.
- Help Fighting Fires – UL101 minimizes time for diagnosing and extinguishing those fires that appear with regularity
- Your organization lacks time or manpower – UL101 + InCTRL is easy to use; the first step to a healthy plant
- Budget is limited – start with a technology that is used for multiple applications
- Want to address quality control or leak detection issues only
5 Reasons to Take a Systematic Approach to Ultrasound Predictive Maintenance
- Measureable Results – CTRL works with our clients to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Documented, Repeatable Procedures - duplicated at multiple sites for best results
- Trained Workforce – Combat turnover and retirement losses. Ultrasound experience is easily shared with new employees
- Expand using ultrasound from energy savings to predictive maintenance of critical assets
- Data Easily Available for Analysis - mid/upper level management can utilize the data to make critical, financial decisions that would benefit the organization
CTRL Systems, Inc. helps our clients achieve their goals through both product purchase and support contracting for a systematic approach, depending upon individual needs and budgetary constraints.
A predictive maintenance program is, by its definition, a systematic approach to maintenance. Most organizations fail to implement predictive maintenance tools like ultrasound, vibration analysis, infrared, etc. because they purchase tools. CTRL Systems can help our clients and partners with the critical steps to implementing a successful predictive program include the following:
• Identify critical assets based upon predetermined criteria
• Establish performance metrics (KPI's)
• Define conditions and procedures for testing using the UL101 and InCTRL
• Train and educate multiple levels of personnel within the organization on use and benefits of ultrasound PdM
• Define a timeline for implementation, cost benefit analysis, etc.